Tuesday, February 3, 2009

California, HERE WE COME!

So, just when life is going just how you want it, something has to change and turn it up side down!  Last Thursday Jaron was informed that the company was down sizing and we were being transferred to Oakland, California.  We will be moving in a few weeks!  He will be working on a job site where they are building a large hospital.  We will live outside of Oakland and Jaron will ride the transit system to work.  Oakland is right across the bay from  San Francisco.  We are preparing for our new adventure!  Here a few pictures of Oakland, our new home!





8 comments:

Tami said...

I heard about that but I didn't know you were moving to California! Wow, what an adventure! I'm sorry to hear about Jaron losing his job. I bet it will be fun to live in California though! Let us know if we can do anything to help!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Hey Joni- Its your cousin Rachael, I found your blog through a comment you left on Shae's- so fun to see you and your cute family! Your kids are so big! Crazy you are moving to California! Good luck with everything!

Stacy said...

Hi Joni! I just found your blog on Kylie's blog. How fun you get to move to CA! I lived about 20 minutes outside Oakland (in Pleasanton) when I was 13-15 yrs old. My family loved it there! It really is a great place to live. Our ward there was one of my favorite I have ever been in. Good luck!!

Jan said...

I am going to miss you guys, and so are Abbey and Jordan!!!! We love you- but now we have an excuse to come to California and visit. We hope you have a safe move and we will definately keep in touch.

roseanne said...

Oh my goodness! I guess Grant will need a new teacher! Just as I was getting to know you too! I wish you all the best!!
~Roseanne Service

Jessica McCann said...

Wow, California! That will be a new adventure, but I am sure you will love it. Good luck with the move! We miss you guys!

Chazlyn Robbins said...

Wow, Oakland is beautiful! How fun! Any idea how long you will live there?

pepper said...

Hi Joni, I just heard you moved out here. I think you will love California living. We are so happy in our tiny apartment over here in San Francisco. We should get together with the kids sometime. There are some great parks and an amazing kid beach. The fun out here is endless.