Friday, March 20, 2009

Weekend Fun

Last weekend we had some fun.  First, we had a pirate birthday party to go to.  On Saturday, we did some sight seeing.  We drove up the coast.  It was beautiful.  Here are some pictures from last weekend!

I didn't have pirate costumes, so these were my homemade versions.  Vienna decided she was a girl pirate.  

Clark loved this little pirate ship.  He drove it the whole time.  He even says, "ARGH!"
We stopped at this beach right by the Golden Gate Bridge.  It was freezing, but Vienna was determined to build a sand castle!

This beach had some beautiful views.  The ocean was to the left, the bridge to the right, and ships were coming in.  In the summer this is a "clothing optional" (nude) beach so we were OK with it being so cold!

2 comments:

Tami said...

I love the pirate costumes, and the pictures at the beach are awesome! I too, am glad that you went to the beach when it was cold... awkward!

Andrea and Eric said...

Hey Joni- It looks like you had a great weekend. We love San Francisco, it seems like there is always so much to do. I know Eric mentioned to Jaron about the Exploratorium, and you guys should really check it out. I just looked online at the prices, and they're pretty steep, but I saw that it's free admission on first Wednesday of each month. You can't beat free! Thanks for your comment on our blog. Eric mentioned that you were having pretend school for the kids, is that just something you make up everyday or did you find it online? I want to prepare some learning activities for Alaska before we go, and I am curious what you're doing with the kids.