Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lemonade for Sale

Vienna wanted a toy from the Disney Store but she was $15 short.  I suggested she try to earn some money and she decided to have a lemonade stand.  So Jaron made some yummy lemonade and I made a sign.  We set up shop and soon the air was filled with Vienna's cries of, "Lemonade! Come get some Lemonade."  She made $20 in about an hour and a half.  With that good of profit, we might turn this into a business!  (Child services would probably get called, so maybe not a good idea.)
Here is Vienna selling some lemonade to a neighbor.
So I have been trying the book called "Deceptively Delicious" where you sneak vegetable purees into the family's food.  Here are my beet purees ready for the freezer.
Here are some pink pancakes, with beet purees in it.  Guess what?  The beets make the pancakes better!  The kids love them.  I will never go back to plain white pancakes!

Clark is pretty happy about pink Mickey Mouse pancakes.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Joni, what a great idea "sneaking" veggies into your family's diet. Hmm... I wonder if I could pull that one off. Also, I'm amazed with the lemonade stand profits! Nice work Vienna!

j2nielsen said...

so fun! I have always wanted to try that cookbook but I have never talked to anyone to see if it was worth it. Lemonade stand was awesome!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

wow! impressive! I never made that much! good idea with the pancakes... I'll have to try!